Friday 5 January 2018

Modern Country Gardens: A Cotswold Gem

Aaaah, welcome to another New Year!!
January is always a time for me to stop and reassess and see where I want to be focusing my energies in the coming year.

When we moved into our new home, we inherited the world's worst garden: full of concrete, battered sheds and ugly raised beds. It was enough to make me feel as though my world had come to a standstill.

Since then, we've been doing a huge amount of work behind the scenes and we're making progress, albeit slowly. What I need, in this January time of reflecting,  is a lovely bit of inspiration to remind me about where I want to be heading....

And I'd say this gorgeous Modern Country Garden just about fits the bill...

Modern Country Garden in the Cotswolds

Nestled in the Cotswolds, not a million miles from where we live, this beautiful space is jam-packed full of beautiful roses...

Modern Country Garden in the Cotswolds

...wherever you look! 
It's perfected the look of gentle chaos but, if you know anything about gardening, then you'll realise that it takes a LOT of work to appear this relaxed!

Modern Country Garden in the Cotswolds

Gorgeous places to sit and enjoy the view are tucked away in every nook...

Modern Country Garden in the Cotswolds

So, what shall we take away from this stunning garden? I love the carefully curated colour scheme: all soft pinks and purples and mid-greens.

Modern Country Garden in the Cotswolds

And it'll come as no surprise that I'm a massive fan of this formal informality. A perfect mix of tumbling Country exuberance, restrained by its Modern framework....

Modern Country Garden in the Cotswolds

And now to crack on with my very own Modern Country Garden in the making!


Images via Strutt and Parker

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





4 comments :

Unknown said...

I love that kind of country garden. It's what I've been attempting on our small property but never quite achieve!!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Pictures!! I want to see....!!

Ric Clayton said...

I really want to thank Dr Emu for saving my marriage. My wife really treated me badly and left home for almost 3 month this got me sick and confused. Then I told my friend about how my wife has changed towards me. Then she told me to contact Dr Emu that he will help me bring back my wife and change her back to a good woman. I never believed in all this but I gave it a try. Dr Emu casted a spell of return of love on her, and my wife came back home for forgiveness and today we are happy again. If you are going through any relationship stress or you want back your Ex or Divorce husband you can contact his whatsapp +2347012841542 or email emutemple@gmail.com website: Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/ Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341

Rebecca Virginia said...

Thanks for sharing a great article. You are providing wonderful information; it is very useful to us. Keep posting like these informative articles.
7FNCE011W Financial Markets & Institutions Coursework Assignment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10