Tuesday 14 May 2013

The Holiday: Rosehill Cottage...and Paint Colours!


Do you recognise this house? It's Rosehill Cottage from The Holiday! 


I LOVED sharing the Modern versus Country: The Holiday series {you can see it here...}where we looked at different aspects of Iris' gorgeous Country cottage compared to Amanda's beautiful Modern home. Despite Amanda's being bigger and better in almost every way, Rosehill Cottage's quintessential English charm won the day with nearly all of you.


Now, if your home looks like this, or you'd like it too, then come over to the Relics of Witney blog to chat over the very best exterior paint colours to enhance the Cotswold stone look.

Yummy!

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





7 comments :

Anonymous said...

I loved that home and the movie too!

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Me too! I watched it again the other night, when the weather was feeling particularly cold and wintery, and loved it every bit as much!
Sarahx

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

So, you have cold and wintery as well? It's so depressing today in Brittany. The cottage in the movie is one that inspire me to create my own space. I was wondering if you have checked the new Farrow and Ball "A brush with style" site. There's so much inspiration there, since we're talking about colours...

Roelie Steinmann Photography said...

Beatiful house, and I love that movie.

Roelie, de hortensiatuin

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Yes, I have. ..isn't it lush? Lots to dream about!

We've been having the most miserable weather. It's currently raining as I type. Summer, where are you?!

Sarah x

Lori said...

I loved that movie and love that cottage!

Travel With Lulu said...

So I popped over to your other blog this morning :) Those colors just are not used in the US on front doors - Americans go with black, red, or indigo most often. I just love those Cotswoldian(?) colors - Farrow & Ball has such a limited (beautiful) palette that it makes the choices less overwhelming. Those front doors definitely add to the charm of the area, making it so unique. Great collection of examples!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10